Home owners in Gurgaon and Delhi wonder why there has been a spurt in the incidents of Bed bugs infestation.Apart from the permanent residents, Gurgaon is home away from home for expats, who are frequent travellers to the other parts of the country and world.In gurgaon and Delhi bed bugs have ample opportunity to increase in number and spread due to the combination of factors.
· Increased travel of people.
· Lack of public awareness
· Reckless use of broad spectrum pesticides which have made bed bugs immune to wide variety of insecticides.
Due to all these factors the bed bugs have become a common problem in Gurgaon. In addition to homes and hotels , bed bugs infestation is also being detected in Gurgaon schools, retails facilities, office buildings, libraries, hotels and hospitals, Movie theatre and other public areas.
Homes with frequent travellers are more suspectible to Bed bugs infestation as It’s easy to pick up those blood sucking creatures when you stay in a hotel or an Inn. In hotel room , when you prepare for your next destination they escape your sight and get packed with your clothings and suitcase . Remember bed bugs can be found even in the most high-end, and luxury hotels. Hotels don’t have fool-proof ways to keep the bed bugs away. We get frequent calls from hotels in Gurgaon . Bed bugs can come along with the suitcase of a frequent traveler. Bed bugs travel in the seams and folds of luggage .Once inside the room they can hide in closets, cubboards, shoe racks, behind wall paintings, under mattresses or rugs. Most people are not aware they are infecting places by bed bugs as they fly from one location to another .
The thin and flat bodies of bed bugs allow them to hide into the smallest of cracks and creavices and stay there for very long, without having a blood meal. If visiting an infected area, no one is free from risk of getting bed bugs. However, most vulnerable are those , who travels frequently and share living and sleeping places where other people have occupied previously.
We hereby try to put together some important measures , those must be taken while your in travel.
- Don’t forget to Vacuum your luggage after travelling.
- Check home and/or hotel bed sheets/blanket/quilts for any dried up or fresh blood marks. If you find any blood marks, request the hotel staff to shift you to another room.
- Always carry and use large plastic bag to store your Luggage in hotel room.
- Do not pack/unpack your suitcase or backpack on the bed of hotel room.
- Always carry small torch for quick visual inspections in case you suspect Bedbugs in your room.
- Avoid bringing old and used furniture, into a home without thoroughly inspecting for signs of any bed bugs. You can also hire Professional bed bugs inspector to detect an infestation.
- Regularly inspect areas where pets are kept for any sign of bed bug infestation.
- The most effective way to deal with a bed bug infestation is to engage a Professional Bed bugs Managing Company . If you try to control bed bugs on your own you may not succeed. When hiring a Bed Bug control company take time to do some research and decide upon an experienced Service provider. Remember the cheapest may not always be the best option. If you are looking for Bed bugs control company in gurgaon , make sure the company is affilated to Indian Pest Control Association. if you hire a IPCA affilated company 50% of your job is done as the IPCA has drafted best Pest management practises for their members to follow.
Call us @ 9810087539 for any professional help on bed bugs inspection and control treatments in Delhi and Gurgaon. Also visit us at www.cpcindia.in . We also undertake Anti microbial disinfection treatment of residential and commercial buildings against Coronavirus and other viral diseases. You can visit us at http://www.cpcindia.in/blog/coronavirus-disinfection/ for more details.